Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our Class Wiki- So Far

Our class wiki has been an interesting assignment. I do appreciate the concept of maintaining a wiki between the New Media students. I signed up for New Media in Entertainment and I've added information regarding new media and the ways they've been used by entertainers and for entertainment. For example, Twitter has a pretty decent celebrity population, who choose to update their non-celebrity followers with news regarding their lives. I try to add whatever new or interesting information I come across regarding New Media and Entertainment.

I see a lot of information in the other categories on the wiki that I find pretty interesting. I didn't know how new media applied to healthcare, transportation, politics, etc. Some of the information found in the categories have been informative and educating. The information on Obama's use of new media I found to be really cool because it's one of the reasons why I like him so much. He has really reached outside the box in his campaign efforts and I feel he really tries to connect to the people, which includes us younger folk.

No comments:

Post a Comment