Tuesday, May 12, 2009

SOMEONE ELSE'S TERM PROJECT PRESENTATION

Jackson's presentation on SecondLife was really enjoyable. He talked about how schools have used SecondLife which I thought was something Baruch should try doing (like the appointments between students and professors) because it is convenient and less formal. He talked about business use and pointed out that car companies can show their models and allow them to be customized which I thought was cool. You can have a virtual preview without having to leave your home. He showed IBM's islands/buildings, and several other things. I'm not a member of SecondLife, but his presentation has definitely raised my interest. The fact that you can "work," and earn Linden dollars, socialize with people from all over and take part in more serious causes, all in program is pretty incredible. His presentation was very interesting and entertaining and I thought he did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment